Adult therapy or counselling requires a confidential and collaborative relationship between the therapist and the individual. At the essence of the therapy is a unique association – a journey whereby the person develops an increased understanding of himself or herself. Through strategic guidance and encouragement the individual is able to understand and cope with difficulties, thereby alleviating distress and instilling hope.
Revealing and discussing personal thoughts and feelings in a controlled space, with no pressures, goes a long way to helping a person understand that they are not alone with their problems. Through discussion and therapy, you are able to gain a broader understanding of both yourself and of others. This self-knowledge will improve your feeling of self-worth, help you make better choices and enable you to be more in control of your physical and emotional well-being.
I am able to assist adults experiencing the following problems:
- Adjustment difficulties – divorce or separation
- Mood management – anger, depression, bipolar mood disorder
- Anxiety and stress disorders and phobias
- Eating disorders, including obesity
- Relationship difficulties
- Thoughts of self-harm
- Substance abuse – smoking
- Living with chronic illness and recovery
For more information: